Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to Basics

Let's go back to the basics. Each and every one of us has 4 basic needs:
1. Food
2. Water
3. Shelter
4. Clothing
I also add #5. Love. =)

So each day, how many of us are thinking about these 5 basic needs? Not many of us. If we are living comfortably, we take these 5 basic needs for granted. When I think of simplifying my life, I go back to the basics.

Yesterday, my children and I went to the library. We love the library! We borrowed the first book in the series The Boxcar Children. I remember reading and loving this series as a child. As I was reading this book aloud to them, I realized this is a great book to talk about and explain our basic needs to the kids. So that's what I started doing. The kids are really enjoying the book. We are halfway through it already. The Boxcar Children are acquiring their basic needs. They are also good problem solvers! I highly recommend this book.

No comments: