Thursday, February 7, 2008

Is Cooking a Chore at Times?

Does anyone find cooking to be a chore at times? I really find sitting down once a week, writing out my weekly meal plan and food shopping list is a tremendous help. Need some help with meal planning? Family fun has their monthly meals for February listed here. I just took a peek at it. I noticed Sheperd's Pie is listed on there and we haven't had that in a while. So I'm adding it to this week's meal plan! I like getting some different ideas. Every little bit helps!


Also I took out my crockpot last week and used it to make a pork roast. It turned out really well. Hubby was very happy! It got me wondering - why haven't I used this thing in a while? I was discussing this with my sister yesterday. She didn't see the value of the crockpot. I love having dinner prepared and cooking early in the morning. It's one less thing to worry about later in the day. My dinners turn out really well in it - nice and tender. Then I'm left with one pot to clean (the crockpot) after dinner. Can't beat that!

No comments: