Monday, March 17, 2008

America's Cheapest Family

I just finished reading America's Cheapest Family. I stumbled on it in the library and picked it up. The book came out last year and the family had some publicity during that time. All I remember seeing or hearing was that they went food shopping together and had walkie-talkies. Sounds a little over the top, huh? Well it was a good, quick read. There were good ideas in there. It turns out they are actually a homeschooling family! They only go food shopping once a month and spend $350! They go together and eventually her hubby got the walkie-talkies so they could chat in the store when they found a good deal. =)
Well, I'd gladly do that, especially if:
1. Hubby and I would go food shopping together
2. I only had to go ONCE a month
3. I only spent $350!!!
That's wonderful! The family follows Larry Burkett's advice (who Dave Ramsey has also mentioned many times). They only pay cash for purchases as well.
I am inspired to go back to food shopping once every 2 weeks! I used to do that before I took the kids with me. It got to be too much for me with the kids.
I'm also inspired to spend less!!! The kids are older now. I am much better organized and plan my meals. If I can do that for one week, I should be able to do it for two!
This is going to be my first challenge - food shopping for 2 weeks with my meal plan for 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.