Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Simplifying Candy

I'm handling Halloween differently this year. This applies even if you don't celebrate Halloween but attend the Fall Festivals. This is about candy everywhere! It's tough to have all of that candy in the house! It's has no nutritional value...it's not good for me, the kids or hubby. I've come too far on my journey of heathy eating this year! I'm fighting back! This year I am making a plan. I told each child they could pick 10 candies to save from their loot. I am getting rid of the rest! Instead I will replace their candy with $10 and take them each to Target to choose a special gift instead. I believe one of our local dentists is also offering a similar incentive for the kids so I will explore that option as well. My message to the kids will reinforce moderation. This is the first time we are trying this, so wish me luck!

No comments: