Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Work & Life Balance

Where have I been?? Do you think I simplified so much....that I've turned off the computer completely? =) Believe me, I've thought about it from time to time. I love keeping up to date with friends and family too much, especially those far away. I also love being able to research information quickly. So no, even though I may have thought of it at times, my computer is still on.
I have taken some time off blogging. I have been striving for a simpler life and things have been going really well. Over the summer, hubby and I had been talking about the possibility of me working some hours outside the home. Actually the idea of the two of us splitting some time - him working less hours and spending more time with the kids and me picking up some hours. A work & life balance was our goal. We found it. So these past few months have just been working together on that focus. What we found offered me many more working hours than I was originally searching for. The position was very interesting and not something you find every day. We decided to accept the challenge. My hubby cut back his work hours to 4 eight hour days and I picked up 3 days to work. He is now spending a lot more time with the kids and participating in homeschooling. Yay! So it really worked out for us.

No comments: