Friday, July 31, 2009

Emergency Tree Frog Release

If you've been following my posts, you are aware we have baby tree frogs! If you need to get up to speed, read about it here. This morning, we woke up and checked our tree frogs as we do every morning, we found one dead. =(

After this discovery, we sadly (for us) had an emergency tree frog release. I got one on my finger. He was smaller than my finger nail in size. He sat on there trustingly. I took him outside. Hubby and daughter accompanied me, each with one on their hands as well. The little tree frog was so cute! He continued to sit on my finger, then slowly walked up my hand with his sticky webbed feet. My son came over and let him crawl onto his hand. Then took him to a nearby tree and released him.

We are not sure what happened to the tree frog that didn't survive. Hubby and I both did some more reading on creating a habitats for them. We made some changes. We hope to have healthy tree frogs that continue to thrive!

No comments: