Saturday, August 22, 2009

Homeschool Tools: Write-A-Mat

I love to peruse book stores. I am a complete nerd when it comes to "back to school" supplies. I recently headed to our local teacher's store (an exiting combination for me) for some home school tools. I came across Write-A-Mat. I purchased two - learning cursive and the Presidents of the United States of America, updated with Barack Obama's picture and information. The Presidents Write-A-Mat sits daily at my son's place at the table. At every meal, he moves his plate over and learns about the presidents. He asks me all sorts of questions. He makes comments, like Steve Carell (only known to my son as Evan Baxter in Evan Almighty) looks like Abraham Lincoln.
I found this one tool very helpful in learning and thought some readers may also. Click here for a list of Write-A-Mats, some include: phonics, math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions), the Planets, telling time, geography (the world map and the United States Map) and music symbols. I also found one for the periodic table. I could have really benefitted from the periodic table mat when in high school and in college!

No comments: