Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bookshelves Are For Books, Or Are They?

I am a homeschooling Mama and a book lover! I think many of us homeschoolers are also book lovers. So here's my predicament - my bookshelves are full! My first thought is: I need another bookcase....maybe a few more. Now I am not saying that I necessarily have room for several bookcases. I do know I could make room for one more at this point.

I recently had this conversation with another homeschool Mom and we both asked - do we need another bookcase or is it time (please say it isn't so!!) to declutter our books?

How many books do you own? How many books are too many?

I went to a conference in the fall and the presenter stated she has 1200 books. Now I have no idea how many books I actually have. I've never counted or attempted to. I wonder if that includes the children's books too - you know, the thin paperback books? I keep many of them in a basket and not actually on a bookshelf.

In all fairness, some of the bookshelf space has been invaded by.....Legos! I've allowed 2 shelves of a bookcase to be donated to displaying my son's Legos. He's thrilled and so am I. However I'd like to give him at least another shelf. He has been building a lot recently.

This leads me to several questions:
What do you keep on your bookshelf?
If you have a Lego lover, how you display his or her creations?

No comments: