Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Stormy Night

Our RV Journey – Summer Trip – Day 50

I can’t believe the last post was the RV Prayer. We had bad storms tonight and boy, did we need the RV Prayer! Things we love about our campground are all the trees that offer so much shade and the farms and fields next to us. A terrible storm struck tonight and the things we love worked against us. Heavy winds lifted our gazebo and wrapped it around a tree. The storm and all of the lightning struck down so many branches and trees. We are lucky we are all unhurt and the camper survived. We have never had a storm like that and had the camper out. The kids and I left to seek shelter, but my hubby, the captain of his RV, wanted to stay and ride out the storm. Do you know he called me shortly after the storm hit to come get him? After branches were falling all around him and gazebo finally blew away, he decided he had enough. It was like an obstacle course traveling back 2 miles to get him. I was reminded of scenes from Jurassic Park, which we recently watched again. Scenes of driving in the pouring rain around branches and off road to get to my destination. I couldn’t actually get to the camper by car. I had to park on higher ground and run on foot over a few rows. I was glad to see my hubby and the camper were intact. We sought safety for a while. Then returned to clean up what we could. The power is out and there is no water, however we are sleeping safely in our camper beds tonight.

Hope you are all dry and safe. Sweet dreams.


~ Happy Camper

No comments: