Friday, October 26, 2007

Challenge - Organize the Hall Closet


I found this picture of a hall coat closet in an old edition of Country Home dated Jan/Feb 2005. It got me thinking that my coat closet could use some work! So I'm taking on the challenge.

I like the idea of the 5 shelf bag. It never occurred to me to put one there. Great for winter gear, especially with kids. I also like the hooks on the door. That got me thinking that I don't necessarily need hooks on my coat closet door but could definitely use them on my bedroom closet door. We somehow ended up acquiring several more umbrellas....guess that happens with kids. We have about 6 now. We could really use an umbrella stand. Thinking creatively on that one. I also like the cleanliness of the shoe rack, but we don't keep our shoes in the hall closet so not sure if that is necessary. I like the look of it though.
I've got the closet decluttered now. Removed about 10 coats that will not fit the kids this upcoming season, so they are off to friends. If you need more information on decluttering clothes, click here.

No comments: