Thursday, November 1, 2007

How Much Do You Need?

Yesterday a friend of mine shared that her microwave was no longer working. They used it often so they felt it was a loss. That reminded me of a time when I stopped using our microwave, not because it was broken. It just took up too much space on our counter. I was challenging myself to go without it. We did go without it for over a year. I was fine at first; I didn’t think I used it that often. Suddenly something would come up where I felt I “needed” it. I didn’t need it though. It was the convenience I enjoyed having. I did without and it was fine. It just took a few minutes longer to make our meals and I had some extra pots to clean. =(
Everyone has their own needs and wants. Every family operates differently. We moved and we chose an over the counter microwave. I challenge you to look around your home and see if there are things you do not need.

1 comment:

Whispering Pines said...

I love your posts, and am also trying to live a simpler life.

Blessings,
Sandy
<><