Monday, October 1, 2007

Keep it Simple

Take the time to make a routine for you and your family. Set up a calendar and keep it consistent. Don’t make it complicated.

I sit down and write all of the activities we do during the week and put them on the calendar. Then I write down all of my jobs for the week. One of them is trash day. Trash day tells me, yes the obvious, put the trash out. It also tells me the day before we are emptying the little trash cans around the house. One of the kids' jobs is to empty those trash cans. I make that part of my routine and put it on the calendar. Also the day before trash day is the day I clean out the refridgerator! So that also goes in the routine and on the calendar. Next I add all of the other weekly things and write down the day I do them. The day I go downtown to the library is also the day I run errands as many of my errands are located there. Keep it simple. No matter how simple it is, write it down.

No comments: