Saturday, October 13, 2007

Simplicity of Canning Jars



I love canning jars. We bought a quite a few several years ago when we were making our own Soy milk. I started using them for everything! They are great! We had these older white canisters for flour and sugar. I got rid of them and replaced them with canning jars. I buy a much smaller amount of sugar now and place it in a few canning jars. I like it’s natural look at you can see it through the clear jar.

I also use them to store leftovers in, especially gravy. They make great containers to store gravy in. I place them in the refrigerator and I can easily spot it when I’m ready to use it again.


They are so many possible uses for them. Beyond storage for food, I also started using them as banks for the kids. The kids never knew how much money they had in their banks. I finally got rid of the small banks they had on their dressers and replaced them with canning jars. They can easily spot their money and take down the jars and count how much they have.

I love the simplicity of the canning jars. The natural state of say the sugar in the jars. You can dress them up or decorate them if you like or just leave them plain. I also love that they are multipurpose storage containers.

No comments: