Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gifts for Kids: Educational, Creative & Encourage Exercise

Do you have your spending plan in hand for the holidays? What about your list of gifts to buy? Or supplies you need to make your gifts?

My favorite type of gifts for the holidays for kids are those that promote:
1. education
2. creativity (building, use of imagination)
3. exercise

Some items I like this year are:
Kids Knex
Lincoln Logs
Nature books
Reading books, especially a series

Some we are enjoying now are The Boxcar Children series, the Magic Tree House series as well as VeggieTales. We've also enjoyed the Little House on the Prairie series. My children also enjoyed watching the DVD of Little House on the Prairie after reading the books. Imagination comes alive!

If you've been reading my blog, you know I like Dave Ramsey. He also has a group of children's books available, particularly Financial Peace Junior. It is a book designed to teach kids about money. I do plan on purchasing some of them this year as well.

Keep in mind while shopping or better yet, while planning your shopping list, what values are you promoting when purchasing your children's gifts?

No comments: