Friday, April 11, 2008

Simplifying and Working Together: Concept of the Green Triangle

I've been busy visiting with family recently, which is why I haven't posted recently. We also all went camping together. That is always a lot of fun! To catch you up to speed, I'm still following Ultrametabolism and walking daily.
I am reading the book, Choosing Simplicity. It's an interesting read. It's a compilation of stories of people who have chosen to live simpler lives. It includes, in these real life stories: how they came to this decision and what steps they took to pursue it. It also describes what mistakes they made or wrong turns they took, their adjustments and what worked out well for them. It's a personal decision and journey. I like how the author, Linda Breen Pierce, takes a look with each individual and/or family at what has worked for them and what hasn't.
I also wanted to share this with you from Choosing Simplicity:
"Author Ernest Callenbach talks about the "green triangle." Imagine a triangle with health, money, and the earth as the three points. If you do anything to improve one of the points, the other two points will likely benefit. So, for example, if you do something to save money (like walking instead of driving a car), your health and the earth will benefit. Or, if you reduce or eliminate the meat in your diet to preserve the earth's resources, your health and your budget will also benefit." pages 208-209, Choosing Simplicity by Linda Breen Pierce.
I had never heard of this concept of the "green triangle," but it made a lot of sense to me. I wanted to share it with anyone else trying to simplify their life.

No comments: