Monday, April 14, 2008

Introducing the Record Player to My Children

We've been listening to records all weekend long. Yes, I said records, as in the vinyl kind that you place on the record player. My children had an introduction to the record player this weekend. We purchased one of those multi player music systems as a gift for my Mom. Her record player was no longer working. It's a compact unit that has a radio, CD player, record player and cassette tape player. I was quite surprised to find one with a record player!
My Mom is enjoying the gift as well as the rest of the family. The old records came out - adults and children's records. The kids are enjoying listening to and learning about their parents' music as well as their grandparents' music! We were all singing and dancing around the house, having fun. Many memories were shared. Wow, there was a price tag on one of the 45s. It was a $1.99 for a 45 in the 1980s. It has one song on the front side and another on the back.
We purchased the gift to simplify our parent's entertainment area and replace their record player. It turned out to offer so much more. It was a weekend of having fun and sharing memories.

No comments: