Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sneakers & Other Simple Pleasures

Yesterday for Mother's Day, I joyously received a new pair of sneakers! We also went out to lunch and stopped at the health food store to replenish my vitamins. Sounds mundane to some of you? I really needed and wanted a new pair of sneakers. Can you tell that one of my top 5 values this year is health? As I have been focusing on my health this year, I feel really good - healthy and energetic. I have lost weight. I have been exercising and planning my meals.
Speaking of meals.....check out May's month of meals. Maybe you need to spice up your meals, need a filler or just want to try something new. There are a lot of ideas there. My new goal is to experiment with beans and make some meals with beans in them.
Other pleasures I got to enjoy on Mother's Day:
take a walk*enjoy a prepared, leisurely breakfast with my family*go to church*listen to a rainstorm*enjoy lunch out*indulge in a treat*new sneakers*spend time with my family*read a book for me (not to be confused with reading a children's book to my children, which I also enjoy)*lots of kisses and hugs*taking a bath*getting in my pajamas much too early*snuggling with the kids in bed*quiet time with my hubby*going to bed early, especially on a Sunday night as we prepare for the week ahead!

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. New sneakers sometimes are just what is needed to spring some energy to your feet. I know when my feet are tired so goes the rest of me. Those other simple plearsures are truly treasures in my book. I really enjoy reading your blog.