Thursday, May 14, 2009

What I learned this week....

Earlier this week, our truck broke down. Unfortunately we were out in it at the time. We do have AAA. The truck overheated so we just let it cool down. We made our way back home; we were about 5 miles away. It took us almost an hour to get back home....pulling over every few minutes to let the truck cool down. Ooooh, the kids were annoyed and had little patience with this.
I learned that when you do not have a vehicle, you can save money! At least we did. There was no where to go to spend it. We still had a good time. We like to be home and spend time together.
We organized, cleaned, got the house in order. Sometimes when you are busy spending time outside the home, you neglect to take care of your home. That has happened recently to us. I'm not sure that we were spending so much time outside of the home. We were just busy and not taking the time to care for the house. Having this extra time of being still, gave us the time to give our home some love.
We didn't exactly clean it the Flylady way. The kids and I started with the coffee table, a place where they often do their studies and activities. We cleaned off the clutter and put things back in their spots. I realized the coffee table is their "kitchen sink." We organized. Then hubby and I split the chores of vacuuming and mopping. He has been working from home the past few months. While on a break, I asked him which he would prefer - to vacuum or mop. He responded that he would vacuum. That's how it is done! =)
He vacuumed and I mopped. We decided he would vacuum the bedrooms tomorrow and I will mop the bathrooms then. It is so nice to work together as a team.
Now that I had given some thought to the kids' kitchen sink - the coffee table, I let them know this would be there daily project - to put the things away on the coffee table every day and keep it neat and clean.
We wrapped up the day by baking cookies and watching the Little House on the Prairie pilot. We shared a nice day together. House is clean and we all worked together as a team.

No comments: