Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Camping: Spending a lot of Quality Time with the Family

We just spent the last few days camping. As always on these trips, I am drawn to spend more time....thinking about how to make this time last longer. In that way, it's similar to the holidays....everyone is happy, spending time together and enjoying the outdoors.
There are families that full time on the road. You can learn more about them here.
We just upgraded to a motorhome from our travel trailer. Whenever, I go camping, I realize I have everything that is important with me - my family, shelter, food, clothes and lots of love! What more do I need? What is sitting in that house that I *need?* Although I enjoy having the house to spread out, have some more room and entertain, am I really lacking anything that I don't have here?
I try to reduce the items I think I need. I have too many clothes. I can always continue to reduce them. We have too many books - kids and adults, which we do use often. The kids have so many toys. I continue to reduce the amount of toys we have - give them away when the kids outgrow them and switch them out at times.
What else do we really have or need? I would love to pack the camper for a month and see how we do. I'd love to challenge us. I get so inspired thinking in these terms - what do we really need?

2 comments:

Whispering Pines said...

I too would love to take a month and just head out in the RV. So how do you like the motorhone compared to the travel trailer? We have a travel trailer, but I always kinda wanted a motorhone...seems like set up would be less work. How do you think they compare? And how did you obtain a motorhone that didn't cost 'an arm and a leg'??? :)

Denay said...

Thanks for the comment. Aaahh, I know one month off, traveling sounds grand! We are really enjoying the motorhome. Our needs changed a few years ago and we had been saving towards the goal of the motorhome. This also gave us time to look and see what was out there. Our travel trailer is really roomy - thought we'd have a hard time finding that in a motorhome. We searched for months and months for a used Class C. They were selling very quickly. Someone pointed us to the dealers as they were selling their new motorhomes at drastically reduced prices. That's where we found our motorhome.