Thursday, September 17, 2009

Clutter Buster Project: Getting Rid of the Bunk Bed



We took down my son's bunk bed. Clutter was multiplying on the top bunk! I felt a little sad. He loved that bunk bed. However, he had not been sleeping in it. That combined with the breeding of clutter on the top bunk, I was inspired to let it go. I found I would place some laundry up there to put away and he would throw all types of randon toys and clothes up there. I constantly had to stay on top of it. I was tired and realized we rarely use the top bunk for anyone to ever sleep in it anymore! We freecycled it yesterday. Finally I was okay with it. My son wasn't so sure.
This project was initially paint my son's room. My hubby and son went shopping for paint supplies. My son picked primary color blue for his walls. They painted. We had talked about the possibility of letting the bunk bed go. It wasn't until after I saw the room painted that we moved forward on it.
When the room was dry, we took down the bunk bed and removed everything from the room. Then we dusted and vacuumed. We brought the furniture back in and rearranged it. I love it! My son is very happy with his "new" room too. I'm not sure what our next step is with the bed. We are going to try a twin for now and see how that works. He also has the option of going to a full size bed. It feels clean, fresh and new in his room. Our next project: decorating it.

No comments: