Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Offer Birthday Cake or Fruit Cake?

In my challenge to stay on track with my lifestyle change of healthy eating, evitably I stumble on setbacks. Birthdays seem to attract setbacks. Most people prefer or expect cake to be served....sometimes even cake and ice cream. Double blow! Now, maybe I am just spending time with the wrong people. =)
I have dealt with these sugary treats in all different ways - sometimes declining, other times choosing a small portion of ice cream OR cake. Kids birthday parties are the worst! I have been guilty myself in the past. Welcome to a sugar festival - likely filled with pizza and sugary drinks, sometimes juice boxes, cake, ice cream and sometimes even pinatas filled with candy! Enough!!
Today I discovered a solution! A fruit cake! Now, I'm not talking about a cake with fruit baked in it, like you come across at the holidays. This fruit cake is layers of fresh fruit shaped to look like a cake, click here to check it out. It looks delicious and is simple to make. My friends who are also working toward a healthy lifestyle may embrace this new idea of a fruit cake. Wondering if the rest of my inner circle will accept it?

No comments: