Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Peace

Our homeschool group was having a discussion yesterday about organization and feeling out of control. We offered one another support. We will be discussing organization at our next homeschool meeting. I'm excited to share some tools and learn something new.


It led me to this quote and a focus on peace:


"Lord, I'm overwhelmed...I often lose sight of You. Please rejuvenate my soul and help me look to You for stength and comfort when I need it most. Remind me that I can't control everything and that it's okay I'm not perfect. Amen."
From In the Kitchen with Mary and Martha: One Dish Wonders
(found in my 365 Moments of Peace for Moms)


Peace. Aren't we all looking for peace? I am. I am looking for peace in my heart and in my life. I usually relate peace with balance. When I have a balance in my life things seem to go smoothly, peacefully. I am someone that requires downtime. I do not always like to be on the go.


Seems so funny to me...when I look back, I think I was always busy as a teenager and as a young adult. It's really been since I've entered the motherhood stage, that I took a big pause...looked at my schedule, prioritized it and have been searching for peace, balance and mindful activities.


My sister is quite different, not only does she have a few more kids than I do, she is also still on the go. This comes to light when we take trips together. Our family likes some down time. We don't want to be on the go with a planned activity every day. Some days we want to spend in the pool or exploring...something simple.


As a child, I recall many moments of down time. I have always loved to read and write. I had plenty of time to do those activities as well as play with my siblings, neighborhood kids, take walks and explore. Just play...I remember having a lot of time to play...to use our imaginations. I think I've come full circle. I am trying to teach my own children now to find peace, balance and mindfulness.

No comments: