Saturday, January 4, 2014

Savoring Good Reads

I love to read a good book. Lately I realize that I have been digesting good books and collecting books. I take a step back and recognize that I am on information overload but unsure or haven’t processed the issue enough yet to develop a response….make that a healthy response. My time is precious and I don’t want to waste it. I have a long list of books I want to read. I want to take it slow and absorb them. My favorite books are ones that: I learn from, I develop a change in my thinking, I develop an action plan or better yet, take action after reading the book or ones that bring about strong emotions. In the past, I have written summaries on books and even posted them on this blog. I have a Kindle now and it’s pretty new to me, so I’m still learning with it. I have used the highlighting feature and have gone back to read my notes or clippings. That can be a handy feature. I want to minimize the amount of books I have in the house and hold on to and savor the good ones. 

No comments: