Saturday, May 2, 2015

Our RV Journey - Summer Trip - Day 1

We are campers and travelers - I guess you'd say a part time family on the road. The past few years we have stayed at a campground near our extended family and enjoyed spending time with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Each year over the past 3 years we have increased the length of our trip. In 2013, we stayed for a month, which was a leap of faith then for us. It was a success! The following year in 2014, we stayed for 6 weeks. Another success. This year, we are staying for 3 1/2 months  - another leap. We arrived at our destination this morning safely. We unpacked and settled in pretty quickly.

I continue to streamline our possessions at home. Prior to this trip was the longest I've had to prepare the house. I went through a lot of our belongings and purged! How does a family accumulate so much? We donated a lot, sold some and a lot of papers made it into the trash! I recycle, bless others with our gently used stuff and re-purpose as much as I can. It was a big clean out and I'll have a more simple and tidy home to return to, for that I am grateful.

I'm always looking for creative ways to maximize our space. I'm concerned I've overpacked, even though I've been mindful of this issue. My hope is to post about our journey.

~ Happy Camper

No comments: