Wednesday, May 13, 2015

An Unexpected Benefit of Minimalism - Our RV Journey - Summer Trip - Day 12

When I went to the store the other day, we picked up a few items. I reflected on each purchase - wondering do we actually need this item? I also wondered what do we have the space for? I can’t really put too much more in the camper – mostly food or a replacement item (if that was needed, it would be minimal). That’s an exciting thought! We have our clothes. The kids will both need bathing suits come swimming time. Aside from that I can’t really think of too much else.

We are working on the outside of our campsite. We do have a small wish list of items, however we only have so much space. We don’t want to junk things up out there, so we are carefully deliberating those items.

An additional, unexpected benefit of living in the RV with limited space, needs and wants is we should be saving money this summer! Other than gas or food, I can’t think of any additional spending. My daughter wants to participate in a 1 week camp. We all have plenty of recreational activities that are low to no cost. We are keeping our bodies moving and our minds stimulated. We are learning new skills, catching up with old friends and making new friends.


~ Happy Camper

No comments: