Friday, June 19, 2015

Lesson Learned: Changes in Cooking with My Crockpot

Our RV Journey – Summer Trip – Day 46

I posted previously how excited I was to bring my crockpot with me on this trip. If you missed the post, you can read about it here. I have been using it weekly to make family dinners, then I use the leftovers for lunches. 
It has certainly come in handy. I have served our family as well as used it to serve meals at larger family gatherings. So it has been working out wonderfully.

However today, I encountered a problem with using the crockpot. Yes, it served its purpose. However it was hot today and the crockpot seemed to increase the heat in the camper! Therefore the air conditioner was running all day!

My hubby made the suggestion of using it outside next time. I have an outdoor table that has access to an electric outlet. I prefer to use the crockpot indoors and I love the aroma it creates in the camper! However, I can’t have the air conditioner running all day. So next time I’ll cook with it outdoors. I will still be able to smell the delicious aroma outside.  

Have you ever encountered an issue with cooking with your crockpot outside? 

Thanks for reading!

~ Happy Camper

No comments: