Thursday, June 18, 2015

Luxuries I Miss - Our RV Journey - Summer Trip - Day 45

I have most everything I need here in the camper. My basic needs are met and most importantly, I have my family. I have my health, an area I am striving to improve. We have a lot of family closeby that I get to visit with often. 
When I think about luxuries or things I miss about being in our stick house: the washer and dryer are at the top of my list! At home, I would usually do 2 loads of laundry almost every morning. I was easily able to stay on top of the laundry this way. If I missed a day, it was not significant in terms of the laundry pile. It was so easy to just toss them in, move on and get things done and return when the bell rang to move them to the dryer. Ahh, I took the convenience for granted.
Here, not so much! Doing the laundry is a trip. We have to make sure we have change for the laundromat, sort and organize the laundry to see how many loads we have, load it up in the car, make sure to have something to read or do while waiting, then make the trip to the laundromat.
Tools we use:
Rolls of quarters
Several mesh pop up laundry baskets
Laundry detergent

~ Happy Camper 

No comments: