Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Living the Simple Life with One Car?

Our family currently has a vehicle under repair. It had much more extensive damage than we originally thought. It has taken a week for the insurance adjuster to come out, look at it and give an estimate. Now it's spent an additional week at the dealership awaiting the part. As of this morning, the part hadn't arrived yet.

Thinking over this situation today, is there anyway to have simplified this process? I am informed by the dealership service advisor - the adjuster approved a used part for the repair. The delay has been receiving that part. So we could have simplified the process by paying more (about $1000 more), receiving the factory part and the repair being completed by now. Or do we continue to just wait and see how much longer this process will take?

I was thinking over this situation today, then I realized the simple life part. I am not in need of this vehicle at this time. It is not really holding me back, not having it. I am still able to do most of the day to day things I do without it. Had I not simplified my life, this may have been a big issue for me. As it is, I have. I have very few activities on the schedule and those activities are local. Simple living in day to day life is working for me.

No comments: