Monday, January 14, 2008

Follow Up on Road Trip: Pack Lightly!

Just some follow up on my previous post about our road trip. I can really see the results of my quest for a simple life with this road trip. When I packed to leave on our trip, I packed 6 outfits and underclothes and 2 sets of pajamas for each of us. It was pretty easy to pack for once I picked a goal of how much to bring. I did several sets of laundry while away. It was so nice to have less stuff - less clothes to manage!

When it was time to leave, what a nice feeling! I didn't feel overwhelmed with all of the packing to do. I easily packed up our clothes. Then set out to pack the toys and books the kids received as gifts. I packed the van the day before. I had enough extra time that I even vacuumed the van out before packing! Got a full tank of gas and charged my phone ahead of time. So we had a nice, relaxing night to visit with family before we left to return home.

Plan ahead. Think of a measurable number of clothes to bring with you - 6 outfits worked for us this trip. I ended up easily packing up to go and return home and had time to vacuum as well as relax with family on the last night.

No comments: