Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've Kicked Chocolate Out of My Life!

I am feeling GREAT!!! Just wanted to share. I finished reading Ultrametabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. I have been applying his principles. Wow! He suggests using his book as a guideline and making the changes with which you are comfortable. He encourages eliminating sugar, hydrogenated fats and high fructose corn syrup as well as white flour. He suggests eating foods in their natural state.

I've kicked chocolate out of my life!!! Who knew I could do it! I made sure my hubby knew that I gave it up for Lent and not to buy me any for Valentine's Day. God Bless him, he did not. I can actually say, I don't even miss chocolate now.

I feel motivated and healthy. I've made quite a few changes. His book made sense to me and I was ready for a change. I want to live a long and healthy life, grow old with my husband and see my great grandchildren! Plus I want to be a really good role model for my children.

In regards to exercise, I was feeling challenged. I don't belong to a gym for many reasons, but my son won't stay in the nursery/child area anyway. I was hitting some road blocks with exercise. I finally decided I will do an exercise video 3 times a week and walk on the weekends when hubby is home and can watch the kids. An unexpected bonus, I have more energy and I've been playing tag with the kids. My daughter runs fast, so it gives me an extra workout! I was able to squeeze a walk in tonight and afterward played some soccer with my son. Don't get stuck on the healthy living or the exercise. Find something that works for you. Think outside the box if you need to. Try hanging out with your kids and keeping up with them!

No comments: