Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Exercise: Keep it Simple

Exercise. Don't make it complicated. I have several friends that attend a gym. I also attended one in the past. I have decided not to do so now for several reasons.

1. The gym is out of my way. It's not close by.
2. I'd prefer not to spend the money on a gym membership at this point in time.
3. My son does not like to stay in the child care area. I don't want him to be miserable or for me to worry while I trying to improve my health! =) Defeats the purpose.

So I gave it a lot of thought. I was trying to come up with something I could do at home and still be motivated and follow through. For the past 7 seven weeks, this is what I have been doing. I committed myself to an exercise video at home 3 times a week, then to a walk on Saturday and Sunday. I have been able to maintain this for 7 weeks.

I want to share that you can think outside the box on the exercise program. I just needed to get my body moving 5 days a week. No excuses! In addition to the exercise video, you can also play with your kids or follow an exercise program at home. In playing with your kids, play tag or have races. If they are big enough, walk together, ride bikes together or run together. You'll also get some nice quality time spent together as well. Keep it simple. Just get moving!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thanks for the tips. I make so many excuses for not getting my exercise in. I need to make a plan like you said and stick with it! Thanks for the motivation!
~Jodi